Friday, March 2, 2012

The writer's quaters

We have started our search for a new apartment. We don't hate our current place, it's just on the very edge of town and a 30 min commute to work and school. Since we have only one car and don't live near the bus route, Corey and I have to drive in to Ann Arbor every morning together and he has to stay on campus the entire time I'm at work. It's usually okay, but if I have a late meeting or something, I feel really bad making him wait. We are also spending a lot of money on gas. Moving in to Ann Arbor proper will cost us at least $100/month more in rent but save us at least $50/month in gas.

It was difficult finding a place here last summer, especially because I didn't have a job at the time. Now we are situated and ready for an upgrade! I really want 2 bedrooms so Corey can have a studio space. His hardware setup is expanding rapidly in what is now our "dining area."

We've toured one place already (loved it!) and checking out one more tomorrow. My head is spinning from analyzing floor plans and imagining where I'd put our stuff (and what new stuff I would want!). Corey and I are not into cheesy music decor, but we do have a few pieces that we love:




This was painted for Corey by his grandparents' friend. She is amazingly talented and she is super supportive of Corey's music. There are two more of her music-inspired paintings in Corey's old bedroom at his parents' house, and we have another wine-themed one in our kitchen.



Corey bought this pictures in London shortly after high school.



My favorite! Our cello wine rack! Thanks Mom and Dad Cunningham!

I can't wait to place these in a new apartment! (And banish Corey's equipment to the second bedroom.)

No comments:

Post a Comment