Sunday, September 16, 2012

So Long Summer

Summer is over and the academic year is in full swing. That means concerts, football, and socializing. Hence why I have been delinquent in my posts. Also, I'm at war with my ever-slowing computer, so I haven't been cracking it open much lately.

We are finally, as of today, all settled in our new place. I just put on the finishing touch by hanging the living room curtains. I have more decorating ideas, but as of now, all of the pictures, window treatments, and decorative items that we currently own are on display. I also don't want to put too much work into this place if we are only going to be here for a year. Corey's doctorate applications are due on Dec. 1 (2 1/2 months!) and by April (6 months!) we should know where we are going. I'm really anxious about the next chapter in our life, and I'm excited to number my days as the sole money-maker in this family. (Well, Corey is going to be bringing in some cash this semester, but more on that later.)

To keep me honest, I wanted to post a list of upcoming posts so that I am accountable to my audience (however small).

1. The Italy Trip! I know I've totally slacked on this one. It was an amazing experience, and I really want to help spread the word about the highSCORE festival.

2. Michigan Football: Corey and I have season tickets this year and are in with a group of hard-core tailgaters. You might already know this if you follow me on Twitter or Instagram :)

3. The Julliard String Quartet: Our first concert date this season. The Chamber Music Society of Detroit is debuting it's "InDepth" series this season with casual Friday night concerts.

4. I'm singing again: I am now a member of the University Musical Society Choral Union. Rehearsals start tomorrow!

Also, for those interested, be on the lookout for my guest appearances on the beauty blog TruBeautyGems. One of the main bloggers (my bestie) is about to have her first baby any day now, so I will be helping out with the blog load.

That's all for now, except GO BLUE!

No comments:

Post a Comment