Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Goals

It's been over six months since I last posted, and now I stand at the precipice of yet another new chapter of my life. No, I'm not pregnant.

Corey graduated last weekend from the University of Michigan with his Master of Music. We have eight weeks left in Ann Arbor, will be spending the month of July in Wisconsin, and moving to Austin, Texas in August. Corey will be studying at the University of Texas for his DMA. The program lasts for 3 years.

So again, I am moving to a city and state to which I've never been. I am actually very excited to start fresh and hopefully start my career in earnest. And in the spirit of fresh starts, I am starting now. I'm setting several personal goals for myself, including re-starting this blog.

I wanted my first blog post "back" to be about my goals. I feel like if I publish them, I will be more accountable.

First, slowly but surely I want to get back into blogging regularly. I'll start by posting every Tuesday and Saturday. For Tuesdays, I'm planning on more music, travel and news-y posts. I also have a few friends who are working on some exciting projects that I'm happy to plug. Saturday posts will be diary style: checking in on my goals, the moving process, and checking in with Winston and Egon (they're great btw).

Second, I'm working on losing weight and getting healthy. I don't want to turn this into a diet blog, but I feel like sharing my experience will help me reach my goals. I'm not planning to get into specific goal weights and the like, but I will post about my progress and strategies.

Third, Corey and I spend WAY too much money. The bulk of our "disposable" income goes to eating out. I'm starting to plan meals weekly and grocery shop accordingly. It may take a while for me to find a good job in Austin, so we should be saving all we can now.

For the blog, I working on a more active Twitter and Instagram, and I'm considering venturing into YouTube at some point. For now, look for me on Tuesdays and Saturdays.


1 comment:

  1. I was so happy to see this pop up on my google reader! I love it when you post! Congrats on graduating Corey!!!!

    For saving money, I recommend reading Dave Ramsey. Seriously changed my life, and we paid off ALL of our credit card debt within a year of reading it. A few lifestyle changes and tweaks here and there and it was good.

    For food/dieting, I am blogging about it too so we can hold each other accountable. I signed up for emeals and it is helping me immensely. I'll tell you more if you want. We need to skype soon!!

    Love you! :-)

    ReplyDelete