Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The American Jobs Act and Music Ed

I had to share this:





I truely realize how fortunate my small-town school district was to have show choir, marching band, and I don't know, a piano? But it's totally cool how Mr. Chung uses his limited resources (his own resources) to show his students that music is everywhere, and they can feel as good and confident about what they learned on a bucket as what kids in the suburbs learn on a Steinway.

I knew I wasn't meant to be a music teacher when I realized I was not this passionate. I love music, I love to share and talk about music, and I have crazy respect and admiration for music teachers, but I just don't love it enough to pour my own money into it and fight for my job the way they are almost required to. That's really why I respect them so much. They are strong enough to do something I decided I wasn't.

Also, putting construction workers back to work by fixing up schools? Brilliant! I'm not a super political person, I'm just a fan of good ideas, common sense, and generally helping people.

No comments:

Post a Comment