Friday, August 30, 2013

Temporary homemaker

We've been in our new place for a week now. We're 90% unpacked and the apartment is 80% decorated. Thanks to my father's inherent handiness and, shall we stay, attention to detail, most of our  art and curtains are already up. Next on my To-Do list: write a mushy love letter to U-Haul. We used their shipping boxes and save for one bent-beyond-use Rubbermaid bin lid, we had no casualties. 

Still no job yet, but with Labor Day weekend upon us, I assumed my phone would remain quiet today. I got an email from the phone interview person and no dice. So now that Corey has started classes, I spend my days keeping house and reading. I figure I will enjoy a clean house for as long as possible, since I know that when I'm working again I will have no extracurricular motivation for housekeeping. We're also watching our pennies since we have a finite cash stash until I start earning a paycheck, so I'm cooking a lot more now. With college football season on the horizon, we are saving our "dining out" funds for game days at the local Michigan bar! (I haven't traded in my Maize and Blue for Burnt Orange just yet. I'll wait until the weather gets cooler.)

I'm looking forward to writing more with my free time. The only reason it took me this long is to post is because we don't have Internet at home yet. I'm typing this on my iPad from the Starbucks near our place. It's awesome because its within walking distance, but seems to be the hang-out spot of choice for the local middle school set. Boo.

Coming up, I'm planning some posts on interview style, my new-ish job of being Corey's business manager, and pictures of my mad decorating skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment