Sunday, September 15, 2013

How it went

My non-interview interview was not exactly what I was expecting, but I am choosing to remain optimistic. As it turns out, the "part-time job" turned out to be a volunteer opportunity. I learned that the organization does not have the funding to pay the salary of an office manager, and they are in great need of help.

With an extremely dedicated artistic director and a small but enthusiastic board of directors, the ensemble stays afloat, but they need help with recruitment and fundraising. Color me crazy, but my response was "I'm in."

No one knows as well as I do that I need a bill-paying job, but this group touched my heart, and the part of my brain that knows the value of getting in on the ground floor. This could be an amazing opportunity for me if I can help them raise their numbers and their account balance. From the performance I saw last night, I saw endless potential for growth; the organization just needs another pair of hands to get some necessary projects off the ground.

I expect to meet with the artistic director sometime this week. My goal now is to keep searching for a job with a regular schedule and benefits that will allow me to work part-time for this organization while still keeping food on the table. Should be a cinch, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment